AC Transit’s 31-day youth paper magnetic strip passes are being discontinued starting mid-year. Replacing the passes are TransLink Youth Cards. If you use AC Transit or other transit agencies, you would need to try the TransLink Youth Card.
- One card for multiple transit agencies(AC Transit, Bart, Muni, Caltrain and Golden Gate Transit/Ferry)
- No more damaged passes
- Multiple ways of loading a 31-day pass or e-cash, including Autoload
- Lost or stolen cards can easily be replaced
When, Where and How to get a TransLink Youth Card:
1. Go to www.translinkyoutha pp.eventbrite. com/ , select a location and pre-register.
2. You will receive a confirmation email. PRINT the confirmation email.
3. Come to one of the following locations at the noted times:
- Union City Library – 34007 Alvarado Niles Blvd, Union City – Tuesday, 3/9 & 3/16, 4-7 p.m.
- Fremont Library – 2400 Stevenson Blvd., Fremont – Tuesday, 3/23, 3:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Newark Library – 6300 Civic Terrace Ave., Newark – Thursday, 3/25, 3:30 – 8:30 p.m.
4. Present the printed confirmation email and documentation with proof of eligibility (Birth Certificate, Passport, State ID, Military Dependent Card, and / or Alien Registration Card).
5. Have your picture taken. Your card will be mailed to your residence within 2 weeks.
For more information about TransLink Youth Cards, visit www.actransit. org